“Cozy” is a common word used in the real estate industry to describe a smaller home. Your small home might have been the perfect thing as a starter home or before your family began to grow, but there is no reason why you can’t make the most of the space in a cozy home. There are several residential remodeling tricks that can give you more space or at least the illusion of more space.
- Open-concept- A project that opens up your home by removing walls that aren’t loadbearing can go a long way to making your home feel larger. The walls take up space on their own, so you will be gaining some useful square footage in the process as well. It will be easier to entertain in an open-concept home too.
- Home addition- If your property lot has the space for it, you can increase your square footage by adding another room or two. If you can’t expand out, consider expanding up by adding a partial or full second story. A home addition can also just increase the size of a particular room rather than add a full new room.
- Basement finishing- Put that basement to work! It can be useful for more than storing holiday decorations and other storage items.
- Garage renovation- If you can handle having your vehicles parked outdoors, consider converting the garage to living space.
- Deck construction- Although a deck doesn’t add to the interior living space, it does create outdoor living space that will make up for it and provide a place for entertaining.
If you are looking for residential remodeling tricks to expand the space of your cozy Marietta, Georgia home, turn to us at Neighbors Home Remodeling. We are happy to help with whatever size project fits your needs. It is often more affordable to increase living space than it is to sell and relocate once you factor in closing and moving costs. Talk to us first and find out if we can offer you a solution that lets you stay in the neighborhood you love.