It is one thing to trade in a car that no longer suits your needs, but it is far more complicated to do the same with your family’s home. If you have grown unhappy with your house, you have two options. You can sell it and buy something else, or you can undertake a home remodeling project to transform it into a home you love again. Here are some great reasons why, at Neighbors Home Remodeling, in Marietta, Georgia, we believe that home remodeling is often going to be the best solution.
- Sales commission- Depending on the value of your home, the commission involved with selling your home can take a big chunk out of any profit you might earn from its appreciation. Often, the cost for a home remodeling project is lower than the thousands you might pay in commissions, not to mention other closing costs.
- Begin mortgage over again- If you are several years into a 15- or 30-year mortgage, do you really want to start over again? Even if you were to obtain a second mortgage for a home remodeling project, you won’t extend the terms of your first mortgage.
- It is hard work to move- It takes a lot of time and effort to pack up your belongings, transport them to a new home, and unpack.
- Moving is expensive- Moving companies are not cheap. You could avoid paying the movers and invest that money into a home remodeling project.
- Learn new neighborhood- If you love your current neighborhood and know where all your favorite stores and other businesses are, you might not enjoy having to learn a new area. You might also find it challenging to locate a home that keeps your commute short. In addition, your children may need to change schools which they are definitely not going to enjoy.